Thursday, July 25, 2013

#16 DIY, BASEBALL TEE (2NE1 VERSION)

Hi there!
I have another DIY tutorial for you guys! Today I will show you how I made this baseball tee. I didn't want to make a basic baseball tee, so I made another version of it. This is a 2NE1 baseball tee with a members' name on the front and the band name on the back. The number is the birth date of the member, but then only the last two numbers (for example if she's born in 1984, the number on the tee is 84).
Of course you don't have to use the 2NE1 concept. You can do it for any other band or singer (like EXO, Big Bang, SHINee, SNSD etc.) I'm just going to show you the basic technique of making a baseball tee.


What you will need:
- a basic t-shirt (any color you'd like, I'm using white)
- fabric paint (depends on which color t-shirt you're using, I'm using black)
- a sponge
~
- tape
- template
- cardboard
(optional: white fabric paint to erase the messy parts)


Let's start!
1. Search for a template and then print it out. Then lay your shirt down on a piece of cardboard or just anything that protects the ground. Put a smaller piece of cardboard inside the t-shirt to divide the front and back. This will prevent fabric spots on the back.


2. Take 3 pieces of tape and stick them on every sleeve. And also put 3 pieces of tape below the tee.


3. Now the fun part! Take your sponge and just fill in the gaps. Be careful and don't rush. Just take your time.

(You can also wrap some plastic around the sponge. The sponge won't absorb the paint, so you'll waste less paint.)
If you want a perfect and neatly result, I recommend using a normal paintbrush. But if you're lazy like me you just can use a sponge.

4. Let it dry and then repeat the same process on the back.


5. While the fabric paint is drying you can cut out the template. Put it on the t-shirt and paint it again.


6. Repeat the same process, but then on the back. Make sure to secure the paper on the t-shirt. If you fck up you can take some white fabric paint and erase the wrong parts.



7. Let it dry and if you're using the same fabric paint as I do then iron it. If you have another brand of fabric paint you can skip this step.


8. And now you're done!


Here are some other examples:

Thanks for reading. I hope you like.
Stay tuned for a special post tomorrow!
And  a new Roomspiration post is coming soon :D

Have a great day,

Elli <3

38 comments:

  1. OMG I love this DIY! Im totally making a CL one! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D!! CL would be much easier ^^ Good luck!:D

      Delete
  2. Amazing tutorial! I think I might try this one out! :)xx

    lupusheartbeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Can't wait to see it ^^

      Delete
  3. omg, dit is echt heel gaaf! :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG thank you for this DIY... I'm sooo gonna make one too :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! thanks for this diy~ *^*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I so like you blog. (^,^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow amazing! ILOVEIT! i'm so gonna try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. superb!!

    www.brenda-lu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, great! and a great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats for sharing this tutorial i might do this someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thank you for reading :D <3 Good luck!^^

      Delete
  11. omg I love your tutorial! I'm a big EXO fan and I was planning to do a tshirt from them too~ >u<
    Thanks alot for your tutorial <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great DIY! I love the oversized fit, it looks so cute on you
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. niceeeee will try this soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your room!!! <3
    You're fab :3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mình rất thích cái áo này :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wauuw, this DIY is really cool. Your blog really is a great source of inspiration for me. Thank you for sharing all your amazing posts!

    xx Carlijn
    http://madebycarlijn.nl

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR BLOG!!!!~~♥♥♥♥♥♥
    I really want to try out this DIY now!!!~~
    teheheh following you on bloglovin + gfc
    xxoxoxox
    Charmaineeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like it and I'm sure I'll try, thank you:-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll try one of EXO, I loved you made ;) thanks for the DIY, greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  20. May I ask which store you got your plain white t-shirt from? I've been searching everywhere for one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i also love 2ne1, deym nice one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. If you want me to check out your blog, please leave a comment here ^^

<3