A new DIY here :) I really enjoyed making these ombre-dye-shorts and it only took me 45 minutes! Very quick and easy. I bought my dye in a drugstore and it was only €1. Yep, so cheap and enough dye for your shorts. I did this DIY with my friend, we used 1 dye for 2 shorts and we had a lot dye left. The brand of the dye is called Dylon and the colour that we used is bordeaux. I dyed my light yellow short from zara, the dye didn't came out as bordeaux, it came as a dark red/pinkish colour, I like it though :)
If you have any questions, ask me! :)
- Dye (Dylon)
- Boiled and cold water
- Stick to mix the dye
- Old clothes to wear, it's to protect you from the dye
- Gloves! (I forgot to use gloves.. my hands were super red and it took me so much effort to get it off xD)
1. Fill the bucket with lukewarm water about 1/5.
2. Boil some water and put it in the bucket about 2/5
3. Wait 1 minute till the water is a little bit cooled down (but still hot). Then put your shorts half in it to make it wet.
4. Put the dye in the water and add a bit salt in it. Mix the dye and the salt with a stick for about 10 seconds
5. Now take your shorts and put it half in the dye. Hold it for about 30 seconds and then lift the shorts about
8 centimeters up to get an ombre effect. Leave it for 30 seconds and repeat this till you reached the bottom.
6. Now let the bottom part sit in the dye for about 15-20 minutes
7. Take your shorts out of the bucket and place it somewhere and let it dry for 5 minutes. Then fill your
bucket with cold water. Put your shorts in de bucket and wash it.
8. Let it dry and you're done! You can add some studs or whatever if you want!
(I messed up a bit, but it was my first attempt :))
I added some studs
Again, I really enjoyed making this DIY! This is my first attempt that I dyed my shorts. I messed up the top a bit.. but I'm in general really happy with the result :) I will definitely try this again and experient more!
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and stay tuned for the upcoming DIY´s!