Today I will show you how to make these cat vans. My sister wanted to throw these shoes away, so I thought you know what I will just customize them and post it on my blog. I just randomly paint on the shoes and this is the end result. I made a video about the tutorial and I also wrote it down here. You can whether choose to watch the video or just read it as usual. Enjoy!
What you'll need:
- A pair of white shoes
- Fabric paint (I used black and silver/hologram)
- Paint brush
- Cardboard or old newspapers
Watch the tutorial here (or continue reading here below)
1. Cover the ground/floor with cardboard or some old newspapers. I used both of them, but it's totally up to you. Btw, I don't have a picture of this step.
2. Now take some tape and cover up the bottom part of the shoes. Or just any part that you want to cover up.
3. Now it's time to paint on the shoes! I decided to paint the front and back part black. But again, it's totally up to you what you prefer.
4. Let's paint the ears now! (if it's messy you can take the black paint and fix it) Wait till it's dry and then add another layer.
5. I also added a heart to the back. Just make a ''V'' shape and work it out to a heart.
6. Add a heart on the front, this is going to be the nose. If the heart is to big you can fix it later with black paint.
7. Add some more details to the face.
You can also add something into the shoes to make the front sturdier.
The paint will get on much easier.
Make sure to wait before it's completely dry to continue painting on the same place.
(These pictures are from the day after)
8. Fix the things you don't like and let it dry again.
9. Add some more details if you want. I added some dots above the eyes. You can use the back of your brush to do this.
10. Let it dry, add some shoe laces and then you're done!
I hope you like it. Thanks for reading/watching.
Stay tuned for a new roomspiration post soon!
Have a nice day,