Today I will show you how I made these really easy distressed high waisted shorts. It took me around 3 hours to finish it and I'm really happy with the result. Let's get started!
What you'll need:
- An (old) pair of jeans
1. Cut the jeans in to shorts. Take a pen and ruler and make a oblique line starting from the middle/below part of the jeans to the outside part. The outside part of the jeans should be a little bit shorter than the middle part of the jeans.
2. Fold the jeans together and cut the other half.
3. Now it's time to distress them! Cut a small hole in the jeans, take your scissors out and then cut a straight line. Make sure it's really straight, because only then you can get perfect lines (otherwise it doesn't actually really matter, cz it's gonna be messy anyway)
4. Take your tweezers and pull as many lines out as you want.
|This is an example of a non-straight-cut-line. You will get these lines that will pull out.|
|This is an example of a good straight-cut-line. The strings will all be even if you're pulling them out.|
|In the end it doesn't really matter how straight you cut the holes. The result is going to be really messy anyway.|
5. Throw them in the washer and then you're done!
This is how I would style it: