Another DIY here finally :) I will show you how to make these cute lace socks!
All you need is:
- A pair of socks
- Needle and thread (same colour as lace)
1. Take your needle and thread and make a knot.
Just follow the pictures. I don't know how to explain this part =w=
2. Take a piece of lace and place it around a sock to see how you want to sew it on. Feel free to create your own design!
3. Before you are going to cut, make sure that you will cut a few centimeters longer than you normally need. You have to know that the top of the sock is elastic. It must stay stretchable, so you will need a longer piece of lace.
4. Now on to the sewing part. I will try me best to explain this..
First of all, place the piece of lace on top of your sock. Take your needle and thread and start in the inside of the sock. Now go upwards through the sock and lace. After this go downwards and just repeat the same steps. So what you basically have to do is sewing downwards inside and then upwards outside the sock... if you know what I mean... damn. Okay, but there is one important thing that you have to keep in mind! The top of the sock has to stay stretchable! To complete this step you should stretch the sock to its max, whenever you sew through it. So.. you always have to stretch the top of the sock before you go upwards or downwards.
So it actually goes like this: stretch the top of the sock > take your needle and sew upwards or downwards through the lace and the sock while you are stretching the sock > take a look and repeat the same steps untill you reached the end.
6. Repeat the same process to the other sock! And then you are done!
Thanks for reading! I hope I inspired you. Good luck if you are going to make these cute lace socks! If you have any questions or if you don't understand something comment down below. I try my best to answer your question :)
Have a nice day.